DGS In The News
DGS has been featured recently in the news for some of the amazing projects happening around the school. To see some of the most recent news see the links below.
- Grant Lichtman, author of "The Falconer: What We Wish We Had Learned In School (A Primer for 21st Century Education)", stopped by DGS on his 2012 Education Innovation Journey of Learning and liked what he saw. Lichtman notes, "So far, DGS may be one of the most self-evolving capable schools I have ever seen." Full story here.
- Denver Post reporter Kristen Leigh Painter stopped by for the groundbreaking ceremony for our new DGS Middle School Cottage in April. Full story here. UPDATE: In August DGS students had a ribbon-cutting ceremony to open the new building on the first day of the 2012-2013 school year!
- 9News reporter Nelson Garcia checked in on the 2012 Earth Day Celebration at DGS. Full story here.
- Fox31 reporter Melody Mendez visited the DGS cafeteria and highlighted our Farm to Cafeteria program for her Parent's Guide to School Lunch series. Full story here.
- DGS was one of just three schools in Colorado and one of 78 across the country to be honored among the inaugural class of U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools in 2012. More on this award and our amazing peers here.
- The Farm and Garden video that we did for our Kickstarter is great. Clickhere to check it out.
- 7News ABC was here focusing on Sprout City Farms and the DGS Farm to Cafeteria program. Check out the story here.
- Colorado Public Radio reporter Anna Panoka stopped by DGS to report on Denver Public Schools' "Call for Quality Schools" and district schools, like DGS, with Innovation Schools status. Full story here.
- Denver Post reporter Karen Auge checked in on the bright ideas a group of DGS second graders came up with after conducting an energy audit of the DGS lighting system. Full story here.
- DPS Channel 22 (the new DPS news channel) was here for our first-ever Harvest Festival. Check out the story here.
- 9News reporter Nelson Garcia was here for our very first day, back in 2010. Full story here.