The following is intended to explain Denver Public Schools' current Internet privacy practices but shall not be construed as a contractual promise. We reserve the right to amend our Internet Privacy Statement at any time without notice.
In the State Of Colorado, laws exist to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by state government. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public's right to access public records that serve various needs including the privacy of individuals. Exceptions are provided by both state and federal laws.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our website includes links to external sites. Denver Public Schools is not responsible for the privacy practices of these outside sites. Although these sites have been evaluated, it is recommended that users read the individual policy statements of each website when they leave a Denver Public Schools' website.
Information We Collect
When you access our website, the routing, or client information and the essential and nonessential technical information listed below is automatically collected. No other information is collected through our website except when you deliberately decide to send it to us (for example, by clicking on a link to send us an email). The information you might choose to send us is listed below as "optional information." Denver Public Schools bears no responsibility for material presented that is unrelated to the District's mission.
- Routing, or client, information: the Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
- Nonessential technical information: the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website, and the "cookie information" as described below.
- Optional information: when you send us an email, your name, email address, and the content of your email; when you fill out online forms, all the data you choose to fill in or confirm; when you use Administrative Systems, userid and passwords are encrypted before being transmitted across the network, and data that you choose to send is stored in a secure environment, protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Cookies: Our website may place a "cookie" on your computer, unless your browser is set to reject cookies. These cookies enable our website to recognize you when you return to the website at a later date or time and enables us to personalize the website with preferences or information you have provided during prior sessions. The cookie information placed on your computer could include the following: IP address, browser type, operating system, the date and time, whether or not you have visited a website before, where you went when you visited that website, and any preferences or customization that you might have set (including username and passwords).
How the Collected Information is Used
Routing information is used to route the requested web page to your computer for viewing. Essential and nonessential technical information helps us respond to your request in an appropriate format (or in a personalized manner) and helps us plan website improvements.
Optional information enables us to provide services or information tailored more specifically to your needs or to forward your message or inquiry to another entity that is better able to do so, and also allows us to plan website improvements.
We may keep your information indefinitely, but we ordinarily delete the transaction routing information from our web server within 60 days after the web page is transmitted and do not try to obtain any information to link it to the individuals who browse our website. However, on rare occasions when a "hacker" attempts to breach computer security, logs of routing information are retained to permit a security investigation and in such cases may be forwarded together with any other relevant information in our possession to law enforcement agencies. We use this transaction routing information primarily in a statistical summary type format to assess site content and server performance. We may share this summary information with our business partners when needed.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, any records in our possession at the time of a Freedom Of Information Request might be subject to being inspected by or disclosed to members of the public. However, all identifiable confidential/personal information will be removed prior to releasing the routing information.
Choice to Provide Information
There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information at our website. However, our website will not work without routing information and the essential technical information. Failure of your browser to provide nonessential technical information will not prevent your use of our website, but may prevent certain features from working Failure to provide optional information will mean that the particular feature or service associated with that part of the web page will not be available to you.
Customer Comments or Review
If you have questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this website or if you choose to review or correct any information you previously submitted, please contact the Denver Public Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org.